Nurturing a Marriage
Q: My wife and I have a
reasonably good relationship, but I do not want to just let it go on automatic
pilot. What can we do to keep our
relationship alive and growing?
are right in recognizing the need to nurture and tend to your
relationship. No relationship is born
ideal – it grows, and growth does not happen by accident. It takes a concerted effort and interest.
Some hints for enriching your
relationship include the following:
1. Plan new experiences (take turns
2. Make opportunities for intimacy and
sexuality (this means private time).
3. Allow for personal, individual
growth. A vital, alive relationship
consists of two vital, alive individuals.
4. Express feelings and thoughts to each
other openly and often to keep the air clear.
5. Find out what your partner wants and
help him/her get it.